Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Container Cards

I made these for an April ATC Swap for the theme: containers. I inked watercolor paper by Strathmore with blue, pink and green distress inks and sprayed them with water before setting them aside to dry.

I went to the recycle basket upstairs and looked for the different words that were describing containers; cabinets, carrier, box, bags, can, jar and even a safe. I cut them up and glued them on with Mod Podge. 

The mason jar is a Jolee's sticker. In the past, I've opened the jar from the back with a razor blade and filled the jar with beads. HERE is an example of doing just that. But for some reason I wasn't able to do that this time. Instead I cut the back off the sticker and replaced it with white cardstock. I adhered the cardstock to the card base. I put down a glop of Glossy Accents and beads on top of it before I adhered the jar on top. 

I thought the cards needed something more so I put more Mod Podge on the card and added these tiny beads. I drew lines and patterns around the edges with blue and pink CM markers. I added the Forever in Time glitter tape to the bottom and inked the edges with black distress ink. 




Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GREAT idea, love the effect on the cards.
LOVE your new look too.
Faith
x