Thursday, April 20, 2017

Princess Vanellope Cards

I stamped a Stampin Up background onto white cardstock with Worn Lipstick distress ink. I inked the edges with the same pink and Peacock Feathers ink using an ink blending tool (Ranger). On pink thick mulberry paper by Darice I applied Dreamweaver Stencils white embossing paste to a stencil of a trophy. After it dried, I cut it out and inked the edges pink. I found some words in a magazine, which then, of course, I found better ones after I finished these cards. I added the words with Mod Podge and added some glitter on top of it. I got a little crazy with the glitter obscuring the words on two of them.

On white cardstock, I inked up a Stampin Up roller that looked to me like a checkered flag, with Bermuda Bay SU ink and rolled it several times before I was able to get it in a somewhat straight line. Not really but it is what it is. I cut it out and added the border on top of the card base before adhering the trophy to the left.


I printed the image of Princess Vanellope von Schweetz, a racer/glitch in the game Sugar Rush from the movie Wreck it Ralph. I found the image on Vintage Images.org and printed it out onto Canon photo paper. I also printer her out onto regular cardstock and liked the glossy much better. I trimmed down the image and matted black behind it. I popped the image up with 3M dimensional tape. The chipboard crown is either from Tim Holtz or Maya Road. Either way, I painted it gold with Adirondack Metallics Acrylic paint before adding the it behind her image. I added the key from my stash to the bottom.





Thanks for looking.


No comments: