Thursday, February 23, 2017

Shabby Chic Cards

I'm not a shabby chic kind of gal but thought I'd take the challenge for an ATC swap. I started by running the base thru the Xyron upside down and adhering some lace scraps to the card. Then I picked out some scraps blue patterned paper by Basic Grey and some peach colored Die Cuts with a View cardstock. 

I knew I wanted to use these giant rhinestones by Glitz. They have a lot of dimension and I can't see using them for a card or scrapbook page. That's where an ATC can be a perfect canvas for things you love but can't use in other places.The half circles of rhinestones are by Heidi Swapp. They were complete circles until I cut them in half. So each card has the giant rhinestone, a half of a blue rhinestone circle and a Tim Holtz die cut word.

The other products I used:
Flowers by Recollections
Chipboard circle by Prima
Deckled edge square punch by McGill Craftivity which I cut in half
Pearls by Forever in Time
and
I did end up using some brads to hold the flowers in place and dotting some i's. I wasn't able to get the glue dot to adhere to the lace.









Hope you like them. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great selection with bling and beautiful texture.
Faith
x

XyronCalGal said...

Thanks for using Xyron adhesive. :)