Thursday, June 23, 2016

Thanks a Ton Card

Today's card is so cute and I think a lot of fun. This fun whale stamp, spout and sentiment come from Clearly Besotted. I stamped the whale with Charcoal Shadow ink by Hero Arts and the image looks full and crisp. Love it! The spout is stamped with Stampin Up ink. For the border, I stamped it with Versa Color ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. 

I'm not sure if you've noticed that I never write the company of the clear embossing powder and it's because I had 4 semi filled bottles all by different companies and so to save on space (You know because those bottles take up a lot of space-silly I know) I poured them all into one container. I was surprised that it actually turned out fine. I was worried at first thinking I'm going to ruin the only clear embossing powder that I have and nope it was all good.

The border stamp is by The Paper Co with cardstock and patterned paper by Recollections. This card is a little bigger then I usually do. I made the card base with the darker teal cardstock which is 4 x 6 inches.

The die cut the whale is a Cricut cut from a freebie at Cricut Craft Room. The sentiment die cut is by Tim Holtz and Sizzix which is a great set for people just getting started with manual die cutting because it has the small sizes for sentiments and the larger ones are big enough for an image. You can die cut, emboss, and ink them even though they are not Spellbinders dies. They also work well for scrapbooking for say journalling or labeling a name or date below a photo. I also like the shield looking dies for masculine cards or layouts. So anyway, I just wanted to share with you a product that I really like.


Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. 

No comments: