Friday, June 24, 2016

Lighthouse Card

I really like today's card. It took awhile to achieve the look but I think it was worth the time. I made it as a birthday card for a friend who loves lighthouses. 

I stamped the lighthouse with Hero Arts black ink. I inked and stamped the light rays with two different colors of distress ink. I made a mask of the lighthouse with Inkadinkado masking paper and covered the the lighthouse with it. I took about five pieces of the same masking paper and tore them to create an uneven edge for each piece. I also covered the light rays with a piece of typing paper before adding the blue and brown colors. 

Then I inked with a light hand with blue and brown distress ink using an ink blending tool by Ranger. I used different torn masks each time to create this water and sand. I added some yellow ink within the light rays with the same color ink as I stamped them with. I uncovered the mask on the lighthouse and colored it in with Stampin Up watercolor pencils. I took a water pen by Ranger and smoothed out the lines the pencils leave and added the seagull die cut on the left which is a Cricut cut from Life's a Beach cartridge.



Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

Great card! Love how you achieved the rays....

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful work.
Faith
x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Cindy, your card looks amazing! It caught my eye right away! All of your effort was well worth it! Beautifully done and I'm just in awe of your gorgeous blending! Enjoy your weekend, my friend!