Sunday, May 29, 2016

Tree Sympathy Card

For today's card I started off with white cardstock (Recollections) and a stencil (The Crafter's Workshop) that I sprayed with Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels) to create the background.  Once the paper was dry, I cut it down to 3 3/4 x 5 1/4 to mat it onto a piece of green with brown patterned paper (Sunborn). 

On another piece of white cardstock I stamped the tree (Studio G) that had been inked with green and brown cat eye inks (Tsukineko). The tree stamp is a rubber stamp and I wanted to stamp it first because the box around it is a clear stamp (Fiskars), which would make it easier to line up and get the tree in the center of the square. I trimmed the image down to a square and matted it with some brown cardstock (Coredinations). I adhered the image to the background with foam adhesive (3M).

For the sentiment, I stamped the word "Our" (Lawn Fawn) with brown ink (Stampin Up) onto a label die cut (Spellbinders) that has an opening on both ends to feed brown ribbon (Stampin Up) through which I wrapped around the back of the front panel. The "Sincere Sympathy" sentiment is a sticker (Sticko/EK Success) that I had to cut out the word "my" from the beginning. As I finished assembling the everything I couldn't help but notice the white sentiment die cut was lost in the sprayed background. To fix this problem, I placed a kraft cardstock (Oriental Trading Co.) rectangle die (unknown) behind the label die cut.