Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Just for You Shaker Card

For my card today, I die cut the Design Objectives flower out of  SU cardstock, I stamped in red (Stampin Up ink) the Fiskars sentiment stamp on the label die by Clearly Besotted. There is a stamp that matches the die but I find it challenging to get the stamp and the die to match up for a perfect or even semi perfect stamped image that lines up with the die. It's an art form that I haven't mastered yet.

I used 3M dimensional adhesive and transparency film for the shaker by placing the red cardstock paper with the transparency upside down to prepare for the next step. I taped the transparency to the red cardstock, then adding the dimensional adhesive around the flower shape all the way to the edges of each piece of the flower. I poured the sequins and shaker stuff inside the bowl like opening that I made with the dimensional adhesive. I removed the release paper of the dimensional adhesive and adhered a piece of white cardstock to be the background of the shaker. As to close up the "bowl". I adhered dimensional adhesive to the rest of the red panel before adhering it to the polka dot paper (Studio G). Wow, I hope I said that correctly.

The sequins and beads in the shaker are unknown and the gold strips of sequins came off an old dance costume. What else will or can I use 4 totes full of costumers for? Maybe, when my niece gets older and can fit in them, she will be as fond of them as I am.



Thanks for stopping by to take a look.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Pretty!!

kReN said...

Cindy, what a great way to use those shape dies that don't always get chosen for cards. I forget about them. TFS! kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE this blingy shaker, what great contents in the window and love the die.