Tuesday, March 01, 2016

You Are Amazing Card

My new card today is in recognition of the holiday World Compliment Day. It was put in place in 2001 to spread joy and positivity. How fun is that?

Anyway my card has a little bit different background for you to check and be the judge of it. I dry embossed some brown cardstock with a Fiskars embossing plate that was a brick type pattern. I then covered it with the Tarnished Brass Distress Stain dabber. I made the stain uneven by choice but I'm not sure I love the results. You know sometimes you try something new to "step out of the box" and sometimes it's a huge success and sometimes not. Live and learn.

The background and the frame are pink cardstock by Recollections. The frame is a Cricut cut from (I think) the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge. The image is by Newton's Nook that I stamped onto Strathmore watercolor paper with Hero Arts black ink. I colored in the image with distress ink and a water pen both by Ranger Industries. I die cut the image with a Spellbinders die and inked the inside with a light distress ink. I believe the gingham patterned paper is by My Mind's Eye and the sentiment die cut by Studio G. I added pink rhinestones by TPC Studio to each center of the flowers and on the sentiment flower.



Thanks for looking.

No comments: