Thursday, March 17, 2016

Calendar Layout Beers to You

Happy St. Patrick's Day. I don't have a card for the occasion because really what would I do with it?I chose this layout because it has green in it and drinking beers is commonly associated with the holiday.

The "Beers to you" can is a Cricut cut found on the cartridge Father's Day Card. I cut the image out with white cardstock by Recollections however it didn't quite fit my layout because if you look closely there is a comma after the word "you". That is because it cuts out as "Beers to you, Dad". I tried to cut out the word "Dad" in the Cricut Craft Room but couldn't get it to work out the way I wanted. So I cut the can out and discovered it was super easy to cut the word "Dad" off of the can. I don't think you can tell besides someone may think why would the comma be there. It's funny because I can't remember if the word "Dad" was attached under the "to you" or to the arch at the bottom. Would you have caught it if I didn't point it out? 

Anyway, I matted the can onto some packing I found in my stash which is a beautiful gold. The border punch is by EK Success with Stampin Up cardstock and the background papers, blue cardstock and patterned paper, are by Pressed Petals.



Thanks for looking.

No comments: