Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Purple Hello card

Today's card is very monochromatic in purple. The background paper is by Recollections as well as the white and purple cardstock in the middle die cuts. The center die cut is a Cricut cut from the Labels cartridge. It was a freebie cartridge on Cricut Craft Room. The star stamp is by Unity Stamp Co and I've stamped it onto Cryogen cardstock with Memento black ink. I colored it in with Copic markers and fussy cut it out. The sentiment is a Lawn Fawn die out of white cardstock sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. I think there may be a few layers of the die to give it dimension. The bakers twine is by Oriental Trading Co.

The background is a Stampin Up stamp. I'm not really sure if I like it but here's what I did: I stamped it with Versa Mark ink onto Ranger Industries watercolor paper. I heat embossed it with soft lilac embossing powder by Stamp N Around. It's very old but it still works so I'm not going to throw it out. Then I mixed Stardust powdered chalk with white paint and coated the background with it. I don't think it made a difference but A for effort.




Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Cute!!

Unknown said...

I love it. Purple is my favorite color and I have all the materials on hand to try this one myself. Thanks for the idea.

Unknown said...

FYI. St. Al's received a large donation of acrylic paints, brushes, stencils and alphabet stickers. Check them out on 3/14.