Thursday, February 25, 2016

Deep Red Stamps Friends Card

Today's card was published in April's Scrap and Stamp Arts Magazine. I love today's card so much that I hope you do too. 

I stamp the sentiment with bird stamp by Deep Red Stamps with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder by Stamp N Plus. I took some Fantasticks and colored it the areas you see below and love the results. It was at this time that I realized that the rest of the image needed to be inked to be better visualized. So I applied the Pumice Stone distress ink with a ink blending tool to darken the cardstock. It did just that and I was happy with the way the distress ink left a halo effect around the two parts. I think the white space is a beautiful exaggeration of the bird and the flower to the right. 

Once the image was dry I matted it onto a piece of Die Cuts with a View purple cardstock. The patterned paper is by Quick Quotes and it also has been matted onto a piece of purple cardstock. The card itself is a little bit bigger with a width of 6 inches by 4.25 inches.

This Deep Red Stamps can be purchased at the Deep Red Stamps online store.





Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Pretty!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a delicate beautiful card.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous! I can't remember if this is one of the cards I saw in the magazine or not - love the white embossing! Congrats on having your cards published!

Wies said...

Beautiful card Lovely image and colours.
Wies

Denise Bryant said...

Love the coloring on this card! Congrats on having it published! Very exciting!