Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Thinking of You

This card has been through a lot more then it should have been but it's a good story to tell so here it goes. The background stamp is by Fiskars and I stamped it with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed it with Ranger's copper embossing powder. I did all this on Ranger's watercolor paper.

Then I watercolored each little object of the stamp in teals and browns. I needed one more color to finish the remainder of the design and asked my husband what color he thought I should use. He answered "red". So I took his suggestion and colored it in with red. I hated it. I thought it was the ugliest thing ever. I mean ever. 

I have a bag of half made cards in my area and so into the bag it went. The cards were not inspiring to me or needed something else to finish it and I couldn't find anything. I have a bag full of Cricut cuts to use, wedding card accessories, and also some holiday bits and pieces that I like. Sometimes I get a bug that makes we want to clean out that bag and this time I stumbled across this ugly thing. I thought that there had to be something I could do to make this exceptable. I got out my large paint brush, Stamp N Plus paint and Stardust powdered chalk, and a small container of water. I figured I watercolored these colors on and I wanted to watercolor them off. I combined the three things across the watercolor paper and ended up with this. It's not bad but it's not awesome. However I think someone would appreciate it, especially since it is a thinking of you card. 

The rest of my card includes these products: sentiment is cut out using my Cricut out of kraft cardstock (Oriental Trading Co) and brown cardstock (Bazzill). I actually didn't lose the dots of the "i's" this time. Usually I drop them on the floor never to be scene again.

I hope you have a great day.



Thanks for looking.