Monday, March 16, 2015

Manly Monday with Pennants

Welcome back to Manly Monday. Please click on the blog name to be taken to the masculine card. Then take a peek below at my card.







My card today is a birthday card for a guy. I stamped and heat embossed the Tim Holtz compass stamp using ink by Versa Mark and gold embossing powder by Stamp N Plus on watercolor cardstock by Ranger. I colored the image in with distress markers, water and a water pen all by Ranger. Then I die cut the image out with a Spellbinders die and inked the inside with Antique Linen distress ink. I cut a little bit larger square out with a green patterned paper and rounded the edges with a Creative Memories corner rounder. The image is adhered to the card front with foam adhesive.

Pennants hanging down on the left are made out of washi tape by We R Memory Keepers, kraft cardstock by Oriental Trading Co that has been crimped with a Fiskars tool, and the last one is brown cardstock from Hobby Lobby. The sentiment is by Gina Marie stamped in brown ink by Stampin Up. Patterned paper used on my card are by Provo Craft

11 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

That compass stamp is gorgeous! Love the banners too. Thanks for featuring my card today :)

Annie said...

Cindy thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. I have emailed you. Not seen your blog before so must have a good noisy around. Love your earthy tones on this card. Ann xxx at Just for Fun http://craftworkblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/scary-birthday.html

Chris said...

What a great card, I love the design and the colour tones. Thank you for showcasing my male card this week. Chris xx

Karon said...

Wonderful card and love the papers. Thanks for joining us for our Birthdays Polkadoodles Challenge

Karon DT, Polkadoodles

Unknown said...

Great card, Thanks for joining us at our Birthday challenge
http://www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
Susan ( DT )

Chris said...

Wonderful masculine card creation! I love the papers that you've used as well as the design. The compass stamp is so cool! Thanks for joining the Celebration Challenge at the Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog! Good luck to you!

XO,
Chris
http://ascrappersmusings.blogspot.com

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Thanks for inviting me to follow you and for showcasing my male card. I was already a follower on Bloglovin' but I am now also following you with Google Friends.
Love your male card, the banners and stamping look great.
Lorraine

ursula Uphof said...

Thank you Cindy for featuring my card in your Manly Monday post. I have become a follower so as not to miss our on your lovely inspirational cards. Hugs, Ursula

Nance said...

Lovely vintage looking card, Cindy. Thanks for featuring my card on Manly Monday too!

Carol said...

Thanks for joining the pink team at EE this month with your wonderful project. Carol DT x

Words and Pictures said...

What a great masculine card. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x