Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Sorry for your loss card

My card today uses two stamps by Hero Arts; wood grain background stamp and sentiment stamp. I started my card by inking up the wood grain stamp with brown Stampin Up ink and stamping it onto white cardstock. Then I used tea dye distress ink with an ink blender, both by Ranger, and pulled ink from the outside edges in towards the center of the card front for a faded effect. I took this card front layered it onto brown cardstock by Recollections. 


I stamped the sentiment with Versa Mark ink onto vellum by The Paper Studio and heat embossed it in a copper/brown embossing powder by Ranger Industries. I die cut the sentiment with a Spellbinder label die and embossed it too. Embossed it gives that rectangle border around the sentiment. 

I ironed this Offray brown ribbon and adhered it the card front. I used small brown brads by The Eyelet Outlet to hold the vellum sentiment to the card. Last thing I did was pull out these old mini crochet flowers that where attached every so gently and adhered a row above and below the sentiment. I believe that my husbands grandmother made this. We've found some amazing projects that were started and never finished. I hope to continue to show them off on my cards and projects because they are so beautiful and I just can't throw them away. So I wonder if I can consider it upcycling? 

Anyway thanks for looking.


1 comment:

Sylvie said...

Wonderful card.. I love the woodgrain effect too.. :)
Hugs.. Sylvie X