Monday, June 23, 2014

Manly Monday Camping embossing folder card

Welcome back to Manly Monday. This masculine card post should be a little more dependable from now on because I've finished the scrapbooks I was commissioned to create. That was a really big job and I need to reevaluate if it's something I will ever do again. It took up a lot of my time and I would rather be working on my true love which is cards. I usually only scrapbook with friends over the weekend and make cards and stuff all the other days of my life. Idk-Anyway, after my card I have some fun masculine cards to share with you today. 

My card uses a Darice embossing folder with kraft cardstock by Oriental Trading Co. I inked the images and embossed words to announce the embossed areas better than just leaving it plain. I used Ranger's Distress inks with an ink blender to ink the kraft cardstock. This is one of my favorites because it's all scrap cardstock and the whole thing took me about 20 minutes to make. The gal that requested the card was happy as could be with it for a Father's Day card, which made me feel like everybody was a winner. (updated 12-13-22-font, title, photo size and placement)

I love a lot of things about this group of cards but I'll let you fall in love with them for your own reasons. Let them know you saw their card at Manly Monday or MM. Have fun and be inspired.









All of those were fabulous masculine cards. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

3 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

This BEE is happy to be posted on your Manly Mon post. I was away for awhile moving daughter out of her college apt in KC, MO back home with us. She is looking for a job/career in Art Animation, She rcvd her first job offer. Unfortunately the offer was for only 4 mths in San Francisco, CA with a computer gaming company. She turned it down since it is not sensible to move for only a short amt of time to CA. We see this as first of good things coming her way. Also, her senior animated film that we got to see at a theatre in KC, MO before graduation is going to be shown at Hallmark Crown Center in KC, Kansas in Aug.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Debi said...

I'm pleased to be included in this wonderful group of masculine cards. Thank you.
Debi B
thatmightlookgoodonacard.blogspot.com

Mary Marsh said...

I am honored to see one of my cards showcased in your Manly Monday post