Friday, April 18, 2014

A little something for everyone

Sooooo...I've needed a little help with inspiration lately and have turned to Mark's Finest Papers Ning site to get those creative juices flowing. I wanted to show you what I've made over the last two weeks using their challenges as my inspiration. 

First tonight I made a tag for the purple and white challenge.

The tag came purple but there's no manufacturer on the package to say who it is by. I bought the pack of purple and then a pack of pink tags from the outlet store in Grand Rapids. The braiding that I use for a ribbon at the top is by Wright. The white flower is by Petaloo and the purple roses are left overs from a bouquet. I stamped the background of the tag with a Hero Arts background stamp, Versa Mark ink and purple embossing powder by Stamp N Plus. The white and purple ribbon are by Offray. The sentiment tag is by K and Co with the stamps on the tag by Mark's Finest Papers and ink by Stamp It.




This next one is a card using the wax paper resist technique. After doing the technique I inked the glossy paper with blue and green distress inks and an ink blender. All three of those products are by Ranger. Then I stamped the hex dotted line stamp all over the inked paper and punched them out with a hexagon punch. Both of those are by Stampin Up and the black ink I used is by Hero Arts. I pieced it together and wanted to add something to the edge so I pulled out some self adhesive ribbon by DCWV that I've had for years. The adhesive was showing through and I didn't like it so I grabbed an Offray green ribbon to go over where the adhesive showed through. The sentiment is on a scrap of blue cardstock with the sentiment by Mark's Finest Papers and the ink again by Hero Arts. I liked this one. Something different and out of the box for me.




This next card was featured in the gallery at MFP Speedy TV. Both birds and the sentiment are by MFP. I stamped the birds on watercolor paper in Hero Arts black ink and used distress markers and a water pen to color them in. The sentiment is heat embossed in my favorite "gold" embossing powder by Stamp N Plus. The patterned papers, which are perfect for spring, are by Making Memories and Bazzill. The pearls are by Want 2 Scrap.



So next I did a color challenge which I have to admit that if it's an odd color challenge I usually won't do it. But I thought this is what I need to do to get out of my rut and start producing some awesome stuff. The challenge was Blue-Pink-Turquoise and I hated every second of it. My card uses patterned papers by Basic Grey(frame), The Paper Studio (pink) and My Mind's Eye (diagonal). The stamped sentiment is by K and i Memories, which I love that font. The white sparkle flower is by Jolee's, turquoise flower by Prima (old) and black and white flowers by Petaloo. The leaf chipboard is by Making Memories. Not my favorite at all and the gem in the middle of the flower would be a pain to mail through the post office. 



So this next bunch of projects are scrapbook pages. I usually don't share my scrapping on this blog but hey why not. 

This first one is a horrible photo but the challenge was to do the sunshine rays effect and I did it over the photo to the left but it's hard to make out in this picture. This is one of the layouts for this boy book that I'm making for a friend at work. I like to keep boy pages kind of tame and not all embellished out. This layout has a piece of patterned paper three cardstocks and a few stickers by K and Co.


The next two where for a brad challenge, which I think was use more then three on your projects. I did these and the challenge ended before I could post them. Oh well. I hand stamped each letter for the title using Stampin Up letters stamps onto Design Objectives label dies. The brads are by Close to my Heart. The sun, tent and campers are stamps by Inkadinkado and the strip of patterned paper off to the right is by Crate Papers. I inked the edges with distress ink and an ink blender. Again these layouts are for a male high school senior so I kept them simple.



For the Halloween layout there's a seasonal brad on each photos. My patterned paper s are by Recollections (pumpkins) and Doodlebug (stars). The pumpkin stamp is by Studio 112 and I stamped it with Colorbox ink. 



Last one. The challenge for this one was burgundy and grey but you could use any neutrals you wanted. I cut the title out using Cricuts Craft Room Font. The scooter and helmet are from Everyday Paper Dolls. I cut the ovals out with my Creative Memories oval cutter, patterned paper in the middle is by Recollections and the cardstock is by Coredinations, Recollections and Creative Memories. 


Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Janine said...

Great selection of projects. Thanks for sharing the purple and white tag with us at FOSTV