Sunday, February 23, 2014

Colors of the Rainbow card

I absolutely love the way this card turned out. I have always shied away from rainbow colors for no reason other than it's just not my style I guess. Who knows.

My card is for the Chalk Ah Lot challenge Rainbow with chalk. I dry embossed the white cardstock with a Darice embossing folder and then took all the colors of the rainbow, ROY G BIV, and swiped them across the embossing with a cosmetic makeup wedge. The glitter on the top and bottom of the rainbow is glitter tape by Recollections. 

For the sentiment Wishing you a Special day stamp is by Stamp N Plus and I heat embossed it onto vellum. I die cut it out with a Spellbinders die cut and thought it needed something more so I die cut the next largest size die cut in vellum again to layer them. The fun rhinestones that were added to each side of the die cut are left overs from a few dance costumes. 

Pretty sweet and simple today. Thanks so much for stopping by.



3 comments:

Kathyk said...

Woo Hoo - out of your comfort zone or not - it turned out GR8!

Kathyk

Pia S said...

Love the rainbow effect on this embossed background, it's a lovely and simple card, I like it!!!

Linsey R said...

This is so fabulous, Cindy! I was perusing around for some technique ideas with Stamp n Plus chalks because guess what---mine just arrived from the challenge I won recently! OMGosh, I'm excited to try them and how generous they are, I got 3 different colors!! Never mixed chalk and paint before, so I'm looking forward to trying that as well as this cool technique you've done on your wonderful star card and on your other one like too! Thanks so much for your inspiration and for coordinating the Chalk-A-lot challenges! I'm really enjoying them and they seem to be picking up on participants too yaya!!! :) Hugs and have a great weekend!