Thursday, December 12, 2013

Share the Joy of the Season

I have a beautiful Christmas card for you today. I just love these holly leaves this year. I love how well they accent a Christmas card. For my card today I decided to make the sentiment my focus and embellish from there. The patterned paper is by Pink Paislee. I inked the edges of the background and the strip of paper  with distress ink and an ink blender both from Ranger. The Hero Arts sentiment is stamped onto Bazzill cardstock with Stampin Up red ink.


The holly leaves are cut out by Cricut  as well as the label the sentiment is on. I scored the leaves down the center and then to each point. . I then crinkled them up in my hand and used distress ink on the edges. When I adhered them to my card front I placed foam adhesive in the center to give them dimension. It's great because they still fit through the mail without extra postage.  

The other foliage is a punch by Martha Stewart and on top of those are red sequins with a tiny rhinestone in the center. 


Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Pia S said...

This is a beautiful design, Cindy! Those holly leaves are so decorative and I love the DPs you've combined on this card!