Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Seventy is Heavenly

For my card today I'm using THIS flourishes stamp set by Deep Red Stamps. I used Stampin Up brown ink on the Bazzill cardstock and the card base is by Recollections. The 70 was cut out using my Cricut and then I placed sequins behind it. From there I used foam adhesive on the Bazzill cardstock piece to give it dimension and show the sequins underneath. The little circle letter stickers are by Colobok. I don't how many 70 year old people would agree that it's heavenly but it rhymed so well that I couldn't help myself.

This sequin technique was a challenge for me and I think when I do it again I will choose a number that doesn't have a center/extra piece to recognize which number it is because the center of the O had a hard time adhering to the sequins. The other thing I will do different is turn the sequins over so the indented center will be against the adhesive. I had this one sequin that would not stick to my adhesive which I think would have had it been turned the other way. That's kind of confusing but take a look at a couple of examples I found on my Pinterest board titled SEQUINS.

All of these examples the sequin is the correct way to do it with the bowl face up instead of face down like I have them.

Birthday wishes
Thinking of you
Hello
PTI


Sequins are very "In" right now in the craft world. I found these and a bunch of other colors of sequins at a dollar store-craft section (by the beads and Popsicle sticks) You should give them a try.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.



Challenges:
http://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/-Significant birthday
http://www.lovesrubberstampschallenges.com/- Have a sentiment on the front

13 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is so elegant and I love the colours.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Liz said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

jonim52 said...

Very pretty card and I love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

Cat's sCrap said...

What a magnificent realization ! Very original and elegant. Bravo ! It's successful !


Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week !

Good luck !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Jac’s Playground said...

Ww what a fabulous idea with the sequins, very effective, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

Carissa said...

Wonderful card with beautiful flourishes. Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week.
Carissa

Elaine ♥ said...

Such a beautiful CAS design, :)

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week, good luck!

Elaine ♥

Doreen said...

Oh, eine wunderschöne Karte für den Anlass. Vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei Cards und More. Liebe Grüße Doreen

CraftygasheadZo said...

Super card. Thanks for playing along with Polkadoodles. Take care Zo xx

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely card
Thank you for joining us at Hobbycutz this time
Love Jan
xx

mixamatoasties said...

Great card.

Thanks for sharing at Hobbycutz this week.

Susan x

Shanna Shands said...

Great 70's birthday card. Thanks for playing with LRS!

alethea said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Polka doodles! HUgsxx