Friday, September 13, 2013

Birthday Wishes

Today's card is a longer rectangle then I usually do but it must have been OK because my Mom snatched it up when she came over for birthday cards. I have a bunch of odd shaped envelopes that need to be used so you may see more of these odd sized cards-well odd for me. I usually do the standard size cards that Michael's sells which is 4x5.5. They run them on sale twice a year for 3 packs of 25 for $5. I load up when they run that special.

Anyway, The background stamp is by Deep Red Stamps and can be found HERE. I used Stampin Up ink to stamp the stamp and then used Ranger Distress inks on the edges. I applied three different colors to get this look. I sprayed that whole piece with water and Perfect Pearls and let it dry.

I adhered the background piece to Provo Craft cream colored cardstock and then to the card base which is Bazzill. The flowers are by Oriental trading Co, Making Memories and Petaloo. The brads are by Close to my Heart and the center of the white flower is by Forever in Time. The brown ribbon is by Stampin Up and the polka dot ribbon is by American Crafts. Last but not least the word stickers are by Momenta.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my card.




Challenges:
http://delightfulsketches.blogspot.com/-New Beginnings I'm making cards for this new stamp company
http://www.lovesrubberstampschallenges.com/- Sentiment on the front and rubber stamp

13 comments:

Laney said...

WOW! Fabulous Cindy, thank you for visiting me today ..I tried to email you but it wouldnt let me, please feel free to share my cards as you asked on your Manly Monday blog post
hugs
laney

Cindy Groh said...

Thanks Laney, email me at grohcm at gmail dot com so I can send you a link when it goes live. Hugs and Thanks.

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Cindy. That background is just awesome .Thanks for sharing card on Make it Monday

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the colours & the background look fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful creation, love these fall colors, so perfectly put together. I would like to thank you for entering my ‘C… is for challenge’ blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Rene said...

This is just lovely! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Stamp and Create! Good luck!
Rene :D

alex said...

Such a lovely card, thank you for sharing at Crafters Cafe

Hugz Alex (DT)

Shanna Shands said...

Fabulous background paper. Thanks for playing at LRS!

Andrea said...

Very nice creation. Thanks for joining Stamp with Fun.
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

jonim52 said...

What a pretty background. Thanks for sharing at Loves Rubberstamps.

Unknown said...

Pretty card. I like the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs this challenge

Lisa xo

Sharon said...

Nice card, Thanks for joining us for Lady Anne's stamp challenge.

Unknown said...

That's a very nice birthday card! I love the woody colors and the layout. With some nice birthday wishes messages, it can be a special birthday gift to anyone.

Cheers xxx
Hazel