Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Flattened bottle cap cards

I was so busy yesterday that I didn't even take the time to post Manly Monday. I do apologize. I'm in the middle of reorganizing my scrap room and the hours just fly by when I am focused on a mission. I did make progress yesterday but still have so much more to purge and sort through. I do know this, I have no business buying new products with all the stuff I have accumulated over the last 2 years.
This first card is a birthday card (lots of birthdays lately) that I used a flattened bottle cap as my main image. If you are looking to buy flattened bottle caps, I sell them in my Etsy store. I have others or singles in my collection so be sure to email me if you are looking for something in particular. grohcm@gmail.com
The embossing folder is by Sizzix which I inked the edges using my TH blending tool and distressing ink Pumice Stone. The dog bone stamp is by Stampendous with cardstock by Sunborn, CM and Recollections.
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Craft your passion(MO)-Use the "F" word (friend)
Creative Stamp Friends(MO)-For a man
Forever Friends(MO)-Use a die cut
House of Gilli(MO)-embossing
Paper Creations Ink(MO)-distressing
Stamps + Fun = Creativity(MO)-include an animal
The Crazy Challenge(MO)-Birthday



You can see in this view the dimension of the bottle cap isn't very high and does mail US postal at normal 44 cent rates.


The sentiment stamp is by Cloud 9 and I used Faded Jeans distressing ink by RI for the sentiment and inking the blue die cut.

This next card also display a flattened bottle cap. All the bottle caps in my Etsy store have cardstock backing making it easier for you to add one to your project.
Supplies: CS Recollections & CM; patterned paper and embossing folder by Provo Craft; flourish stamp by Autumn Leaves; sentiment stamp is UK; ink and scallop circle punch by SU; corner rounder by CM; die cut by Spellbinders.



Thanks for looking. Have a fabulous day.

4 comments:

LindaS said...

Such an creative idea with the bottle caps. Thanks for joining Paper Creation Ink Challenge LindaS/GDT

Ann said...

Very clever idea; very pretty cards!!! Thanks so much for joining us for the House of Gilli Challenge. :)

Karen Hasheck said...

What a fun couple of cards! Thanks for sharing them with us at Paper Creations Ink!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at SFC.....
Hugs
Bella