Saturday, July 30, 2011

Brown Sympathy and Get Well Cards

I taught a class how to make this first card on Thursday and then another full group today as well. It is fun to teach. The only iffy thing I have about it is I make up the stuff so long ago that when it comes to the day of the class I have to remake the card or whatever so I am fresh with what I am teaching. I just made up another class that I won't teach until the middle of September. On that one I took a ton of notes on each little step that I did to make the layout. It's a good workout for my brain, that's for sure. So I taught the ladies how to distress the edges using different tools they probably already have at home. One being an emery board. It works like a charm on the embossed cardstock. I also have small pieces of sand paper in my stash that the husband gave to me. That works well too. I also use the emery board on the edges of the brown paper too. It just gives a little worn look to it. 
Isn't Crackle paint on that die cut fun to look at? I just adore Crackle paint right now. I love trying out new things to do with it. Did you know that Smooch ink dries on top of Crackle paint but doesn't dry on Liquid Pearls paint by Ranger? I found that out last week while playing around. It looks so cool applied to the Crackle paint. Next week I will have a project showing you what I did. But for now here are my two cards. I will quit talking now:)


The second card says Feel Better Soon. I'm not fond of the brown embossing powder that I am using. Does anyone have a suggestion of a good medium brown colored embossing powder that rocks? I am all ears. On this card I used a stamp by American Crafts Dear Lizzy Warable stamp set. I put distressing Stickles on the edges of the flower.


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed the tip at the top of the page and will come back tomorrow for more inspiration.

1 comment:

TB said...

gorgeous! how do i sign up for your classes?