Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Christmas Cards all year Round

Now that we are into May Christmas Cards all year Round has a new challenge for this whole month. The challenge is a sketch, which you will find below. I really liked this sketch the way it was and based all four of my cards on it pretty much as is.



patterned paper by K & Co., stickers by Me and My Big Ideas, ribbon by American Crafts; fiber is unknown.


This one is a little interesting. The ovals are covered with border stickers that I had from years past. I couldn't throw them away so I improvised. The Peace stamp is by The Paper Co; ink by Versa Mark and embossing powder by Stampendous. The patterned paper is by K & Co and then I used Stickles on the left side of the card. Brads by American Crafts.

Patterned paper by DCWV, embossing template by Quickutz, die cut by Spellbinders, ink by Memento ink and Stampin' Up. The rest is unknown.


Patterned paper by K & Co.; sticker by Me and My Big Ideas; stamp by Hero Arts; ink by Ranger and Versa Mark; embossing powder by Stampendous; Stickles by Ranger and then rhinestones attached using the Imaginisce I-Rock tool.
Thanks for looking. Be sure to get your Christmas cards started today and save yourself the headache when the time comes. If you do 5 cards following this sketch you will be entered to win a prize donated by Kat. Check the CCAYR blog for a picture of the goodies you could win. 
Best Wishes,
Cindy

3 comments:

Monica said...

Hi Cindy,

I think you seem to specialize in making Christmas cards... these are all simply beautiful. The first one is so striking. The second one has great paper and the distressed nesties look effective. The third one is nice and the fourth is a masterpiece. Great job!

As for my cards, I should be sending you an email really... so please pardon my communal reply. But then, I have nothing to hide, right?
I started selling my cards some 6 - 7 years ago and coffee mornings and at my older daughter's school. For the first time, I tried selling them at hubby's workplace (luckily he did not object) and they did pretty well). I think when something is sold for charity, people are willing to buy it. Though I have to say that at school some mothers would look at the price before anything else. So I used to price my cards at a dollar each to start with and work my way up. The maximum I ever charged was USD 3. But this time, I was a bit bold by pricing some at USD 4 (only two out of 86 to be precise). And they both sold instantly!!!

That's my story, Cindy - nothing much but keeps me happy and content.

Happy crafting,

Monica

D said...

It wouldn't be Christmas for me if I wasn't completely behind and stressed out. LOL!! Your cards are beautiful Cindy. That's so cool you finished 5 of them :))))

Jeanette said...

Hi Cindy, Just stopped by to say hello. What a pleasant surprise to see so many lovely Christmas Cards.

Jeanette