Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Valentine cards

I made these two Valentine cards for the I Did It Creations Forum. The first card is for the second challenge in January, which I am hosting, from January 15th -31st. You earn points per challenge you do and points lead to discounts towards the Women's Outlaw Emporium store. A store full of scrappy supplies at low discount prices already and then with a bigger discount for doing the challenges, how can you go wrong? Click on the words/links to check out both the forum and the store for further details. The second card I did was for non digi stamp day which was Jan 14th but you have one week to get your valentine card done and posted. Here is another way to earn points for a better discount.
 
I have been a really bad blogger this month and I'm not sure what my problem is. Well I do have a couple of theories and one of those is, it takes up a lot of my time. So I'm going to try this, to make it less time consuming and get me posting everyday like I use to. I'm going to skip the supplies lists unless it is something new or special. If you see anything and you want to know what it is or where it is from please don't hesitate to ask in the comment field. I really don't mind doing that for such loyal followers. I just want to try this and see if it does save me some time.
I'd like to take this chance and thank you for all your kind comments. I do have one quick story to tell, which may be another reason for my low number of blog posts this past month. From November through January I applied for multiple (I don't want to say how many- it's embarrassing) manufacturer DT and didn't make a single one. Sad, frustrated, doubtful of my skills and mad (all the signs of grieving). But as I talked to a young lady (teenager) the other day she gave me inspiration. She wanted to be the Sugar plum fairy in the Nutcracker and was totally bummed when she got the part of...... I can't remember what they are called....they are the ones that wear the tiniest little outfits, have the most athletic shaped bodies for those little costumes, they are the most flexible- bending in unnatural ways...I think they are the Arabians, it's usually three girls and a boy. One of the girl dancers' is the star, dancing with the boy and the others are like the backup dancers. (they are amazing too) So she said she gave herself a week to pout about it and then that was it. She was going to  the best Arabian gumby, flexible dancer this side of the state has ever seen. No more I'm a diva and deserve to be the lead. This is the part God gave me and I am going to do it my very best.
So I decided that's what I needed to do too. Stop being a Diva and start putting my all into what teams I was on because those teams are a blessing and I should never forget that. So this is me being thankful that I have design teams that want me on them. Thank you to them:)
With that said I have assignments to get ready for this weekend and I need to  finish my mom's calendar.  I want to put it into the mail for her tomorrow and I'm only to July. eek! I keep working on Valentines for St Jude's (see side bar), which is a good thing too. I have more time to work on those cards then I do the calendar. January is over half way over.
Thanks for listening to my story.

My top card goes for the following challenges:
Mark's finest papers- hearts
Phindy's Place-Valentines
Stamp something-with a rubber stamp
Sassy Studio designs-Use products over a year old (the date on the heart stamp is 1998)
Bunny Zoe's crafts-Love

7 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is an adorable card! love all the hearts!! i think most of us can relate to your post. There are soooooo many DT's and soooo
many talented people applying, so when you do get chosen - it is definitely an honor and That's the team you are meant to be on.,,,best of luck to you
and thanks for entering our Phindy's Place challenge - hope to see you again
hang in there (-:
Linda

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Cec said...

Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place with your top card. This is a fun card and I love all the hearts and that great gingham brad.
Hugs!
Cec

Anne said...

What a fun card with all those love hearts.

Great attitude about the DT thing, sometimes these things seem to go in waves, you get several come up and then none for ages. Doesn't mean you're not a star you know, just not your turn to shine:)
Thank you for joining us and taking the Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll join us again this Friday!
Hugs
Anne

redwasher1 said...

Both of your card are gorgeous!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Anne-Marije said...

What a nice card!
Thanks for joining us at the Phindy's Place challenge and hope to see you back...
xxx Anne-Marije

Joanne (jojot) said...

thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends heart challenge...sweet V'day card