Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Christmas Cards

Welcome to Shannon's Sentiment's Blog Hop. I am Cindy and you should have arrived here from Kapree's blog. Go HERE to the beginning of the hop if you have just stumbled upon this hop. At the end of this post is the special offer for the new release for a limited time only.
I have a bunch of goodies to show today. The first is a wreath digital stamp that I used my aqua pens by Stampin Up to color the image in. They just give it a softer look then the Copic markers and with the bold paper at the bottom of this card I wanted a softer look on top.

Supplies: Card by Halcraft (love them!!); ribbon by Stampin Up; Green paper by Autumn Leaves; white paper by The Paper Co; Hemp by Crafters Square; embossing folder by Provo Craft; ink by Stampin Up and Close to My Heart; Stamp by Elle's Studio.

My next card features a new little technique that I have been playing with. I have these embossing markers. (I think my mom bought them at garage sale.) So I took them and colored them over the white of the mittens. Then I sprinkled white embossing powder on them and heat embossed them. Ta-Da! The only thing is lost the outline of my mitten so I went over that part with a Sharpie. I used the aqua pens on this image.

Supplies: Patterned paper by Bo Bunny; white cardstock by The Paper Co; Embossing folder by Provo craft; fibers unknown; ink by Stampin Up; embossing powder by Stampendous; other-sharpie

So for this third card I used stamp resist technique for the sky, whereby you stamp with Versamark or any embossing ink, sprinkle on embossing powder and heat set with heat gun. After image is set, apply your favorite ink to the image either by placing the stamp pad directly on the image or using some type of medium to get it from the ink pad onto the image. In this case I used a cosmetic wedge. which tends to put ink on unevenly but I wanted uneven for the sky. I then used the embossing marker again (same as above card) and it didn't work as good  but I liked the results. I think because it was a bigger area I didn't ink the paper enough for the embossing powder to hold on to and raise up. I loved the way it looked with this scene-kinda sparkly and bumpy-kinda like snow.

Supplies: Patterned paper by Bo Bunny and Sweet Water Scrapbooks' Card and black and white cardstock by The Paper co; blue cardstock by Sunborn; ink by Versamark and Memento; stamp by Elle's Studio; Embossing powder by Ranger; Scallop die cut by Spellbinders.
That's all I have for today but I will have a challenge on December 4th at Shannon's Sentiments (right HERE). All the images in the above cards can be purchased Here.  
The special will be 20% for the release.  Code SSDEC2Special20 is good until Dec. 8th
Your next stop on the blog hop is to our guest designer Patti.
Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your cards!!! Especially the snow skis one. Super great job with this one!!!

Patti J said...

Your cards are so much fun! Great job with the embossing pen!!!

Marie Bingaman said...

Hello Cindy! Just thought I would visit your blog since you were so kind to visit mine! Great cards; my fav is the wreath! Lovely coloring! :)