Thursday, December 30, 2010

Donations made into cards

BLUES


These are some of the cards I made with the donations I got from some happy scrappy ladies and I just wanted to show using the same (very old Creative Memories) paper three different ways. I can't believe I didn't post these earlier. Each card has a border sticker (remember those from CM) separating the patterned paper from the cardstock. The reindeer is a very old die cut from CM. I sent these cards in for Cards for Kids.
First card: Stamp by Close to my Heart AKA-CTMH, ink by Memento, blue cardstock AKA-CS by Sunborn AKA-SB, circle paper by The Paper Co AKA-TPCo. and cut out by Cricut made by Provo Craft AKA-PC. 
The second card: stamp is by Elle's Studio, ink by Ranger, blue CS by SB, embossing folder by Cuttlebug made by PC, stocking stickers are unknown, brads by CTMH, white CS by TPCo.
The third Card: Tag and snow flakes are unknown., stamp by Elle's Studio, ink by Ranger, CS by TPCo, Swiss dot embossing folder and Cuttlebug by PC.
ALL CARD BASES WERE GENEROUSLY DONATED BY THE COMPANY HALCRAFT. THANK YOU TO THEM FOR MAKING THIS PROJECT POSSIBLE:)
Next-RED


Still all donations from my scrappy friends for the wonderful Cards for Kids drive.
First card: patterned paper by PC, border stickers (again-don't throw them out they can be used or send them to me and I'll use them for a good cause) by Creative Memories AKA-CM, tree sticker by EK Success, stamp by Elle's Studio and ink by Stampin Up
AKA-SU.
Second card: Patterned Paper is by I want to say Pebbles but am willing to be corrected (it's mine but it is old),  lovely popcorn border stick by CM and ticket by I think EK Success.
Third card: Patterned paper by DCWV, yellow paper by CM, Red paper by SU, green paper by Dollar general, stamp by Elle's Studio and ink by SU, Ribbon garage sale, embossing folder (Swiss Dot) and Cuttlebug by Provo Craft, shape by Spellbinders and eyelets by Making Memories.  
*ALL CARD BASES WERE GENEROUSLY DONATED BY THE COMPANY HALCRAFT. THANK YOU TO THEM FOR MAKING THIS PROJECT POSSIBLE:)


And that's all I have right now. I know these aren't like the greatest cards in the whole world but have you ever worked with like a 6 or 7 year old making cards. It's really eye opening. They don't care if the stamp is perfect or perfectly straight. they ask for all different colors that OMG don't match or flow. I know. They don't design a card based on theory or principle. They see a stamp and a color and stamp it down.
I show them new toys I have like the Cuttlebug and what it does and how to work it. After a few tries they no longer need my help and my craft room is hit in the most wonderful way you can imagine. My 10 year old nephew and I made invites for his birthday party and he had a blast. They aren't the best invites in the world but he made them all by himself. I just supervised and kept him focused.  My point I guess is kids don't really care if it's the newest product or the greatest colored in image with Copic markers they just like getting a card from someone no matter what it looks like or what the trend or latest and greatest is or who is the latest and greatest is right now. I'm Cindy from Sparta, MI and maybe they know me as the sticker lady because I always send stickers inside my cards for them. I'd be good with that:) God Bless!!

No comments: